[Tutor] Python and mail

fleet@teachout.org fleet@teachout.org
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:39:57 -0400 (EDT)

> Take a look at 'metasend' in the 'mimetools' package (at least, that's
> what Debian and FreeBSD call the package).  It allows you to send
> attachments (as MIME types) from the command line.  'mail' only allows
> sending in-line text.  mutt can also send MIME attachments (using the
> '-a' option).

Thanks!  I checked out 'man metasend' and then noticed a reference to
'mailto,' which I also check in the man pages.  I think I'll try 'mailto.'
I'm assuming I can write a script (which Python can handle) to send the
files, including the thumbnail.

OT: I'm also thinking of trashing the logo and the html and going back to
pure text.  Most of my customers run Windows mail packages of one sort or
another, but that may change!

				- fleet -