[Tutor] where is CPAN for python?

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:55:23 -0400

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 05:45:18AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
| Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams schrieb am 2001-09-14, 23:21:
|
| >On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
| >
| >> That script says:
| >>
| >> import resource
| >
| >Is this what you're looking for?
| >
| >  http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-resource.html
|
| Yes, I think that is it.
| Where is the download link;)
|
| http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/unix.html
| Hmmm, seems to be part of the standard library for UNIX.
|
| Well, a core module that isn't included in my python.
| There is surely a good reason why it is like it is...

Yeah, getrlimit() and setrlimit() are Unix system calls.  They are
prototyped in unistd.h which doesn't exist on windows.

| MIST, why am I doomed with this Windo*s *&%^@

I hear you.  For temporary relief, install cygwin.  It comes with
python now and that should have the Unix-only modules available
(because cygwin is (to some extent) unix).  FYI XFree86 and KDE are
available (as precompiled binaries, no less) for cygwin.  That's what
I'm using at work until I get to install Debian.

HTH,
-D