[Tutor] Learning Python

Charlie Derr wrong@crosswinds.net
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 10:00:54 -0400

The % represents a command prompt.  Probably if you're on a windows machine
you have a > instead of a %.  In any case you shouldn't type it.

If you've got python installed, and your PATH is set properly, and you've
created a "spam.py" file (and perhaps an "eggs" file as well?)  in the
current directory then I assume the following should work for you:

python spam.py -i eggs -o bacon

I don't have a copy of Learning Python in front of me at the moment, but
it's pretty good from what I remember.  You may also find
http://python.org/doc/Newbies.html helpful.  Alan Gauld also has some great
stuff at http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/.

And don't hesitate to come back here and ask more questions as you have
them.  That's what the list is for  :-]

	~c