[Tutor] Learning Python

Griesbaum@aol.com Griesbaum@aol.com
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 09:18:00 EDT

I'm a complete newbie to programming and have heard from Leo Laporte on Tech
TV that python is good for people just starting out. Early on in the book I'm
having some problems. When I type this line in the book under the heading
(Running Module Files) % python spam.py -i eggs -o bacon I get SyntaxError:
invalid syntax. Am I reading this correctly in the book? Is the symbol before
the python a percentage mark? This seems to be an ongoing problem in the book
whenever I type something exactly the way it is in the book I get some type
of error message. Is there a better python book to start out with for
complete beginners? Is there a better book for complete beginners?