[Tutor] mail server stress

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:19:33 -0400

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 12:28:15AM -0700, lonetwin wrote:
| Hi all you good people,
|  One quick question, does anyone know about a mail
| server stress/load test application/module written in

I don't know of any (written in any language).

| python ?? This seems like just the thing that is
| likely to be written in python, well if there isn't
| any helpful tips/comments on what I should be thinking
| if I decide to write something of my own ???

I think you should get several machines and have each of them try
sending mail messages as fast as they can at the same time.  Also vary
the messages from being proper to being incorrect in various ways.
Also try messing up the SMTP communication to see how the server
handles it if something went wrong during a real-world transfer.

-D