[Tutor] MySQL and Python

Pijus Virketis virketis@fas.harvard.edu
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:36:15 -0500

Hi all,

I wish to write a Python and MySQL script, which will run on my ISP's
server. After checking the Database SIG on python.org, I gathered that one
needs the <MySQLdb> module (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python)
to be installed in order to be able to access a MySQL database from Python.
My ISP does not have that module installed, and asked me to provide more
information about it. Before I send those guys off installing software on
their server, I just want to make sure if this really is the prefered/real
way of doing things? Is there some general DB API I can use instead that
comes with basic Pyhon?

Thanks!

Pijus
PGP PUBLIC KEY: www.fas.harvard.edu/~virketis/links