[Tutor] a question (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 00:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Gino,

You probably meant to send this to "tutor@python.org", not
"tutor-admin@python.org."  Let me forward this to the rest of the tutors
there.  Tutor-admin mail directs itself only to the list administrators.

About your question: yes, it's about the same.  Underneath, there's been
some architectural changes on how the regular expression engine works, but
not at a level that will make a difference.  There's a small mention about
this in the "What's New in Python 2.1" documen

What other questions on regular expressions do you have?

Talk to you later!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:45:54 -0700
From: Gino Kuo <ginokuo@veriomail.com>
To: tutor-admin@python.org
Subject: a question

Hi all,
I am learning the very basics of regular expression.  Most of the materials
I read have such messages after compiling the regular expression:
<re.RegexObject instance at 80c3c28>.  I have Python 2.1.  When I compile my
expressions, Python gives me a different message:<SRE_Match object at
00B39880>.  Do those two messaves have the same meaning?