[Tutor] ?4uplz-> function

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:30:31 -0700

At 05:04 PM 10/5/2001 -0400, David Meltzer wrote:
>hilo2u and thanks for reading this,
>i would like to find a way to create a def that behaves more like a builtin
>keyword such as 'print' in that i would not need to use a parenthesis.

I don't think so.  Except at the operating system level
you can go

% printit 10

and have Python do something with 10 as an argument --
here printit is a Python script which invokes Python
by means of #! at the top.  But once inside the Python
shell, I don't myself know of any way to get around
the syntax of requiring ( ) after the function name.
You're trying to change something very basic to Python.

Kirby