[Tutor] A fun, instant gratification playground for Python... Blender!

Israel Evans israel@lith.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:45:45 -0700

I don't know how many of you already know this, and I apologize if this
seems to be old news, but it's new to me and it's gotten me all gooey
inside!    I was looking around for a 3d modeling and animation package I
could afford and I found one that fits the budget most exquisitely:
Blender.   It's free.  It produces good stuff.  It comes with an integrated
game creation and playback mode.  The interface is quite different than any
of the other Highend and very expensive packages I use at work (Maya,
Softimage, 3ds Max, and Lightwave), but after using it for a while, I think
I'll get used to it.

The coolest thing of all is that I can use Python to script all manner of
things in Blender. I've only just started but the possibilities are really
attractive.  I can even code games in Blender using Python.  Very cool!

If you are interested check out www.blender.nl .
The python specific stuff can be found in the resources section or under
www.blender.nl/python .

Have fun with it!

~Israel~
enthusiastic newbie pythonista...