[Tutor] destructor methods

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:11:20 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

I've started looking through the C++ code for that plagiarism program
'Copyfind'. I notice that the author has a destructor method to get rid of
instances of his 'document' class. I don't recall any Python programs that
use destructors (I'm not an accomplished object-oriented programmer). Does
Python every use them? I understand that Python's garbage collection
automatically takes care of that sort of thing. Is it possible that
explicitly removing instances of a class improves performance in an
application that uses a lot of RAM (like a plagiarism scanner, for instance
:-)?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com