[Tutor] catching cheaters (cont.)

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:18:22 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

I located the Web page of the professor I mentioned in my initial
message. He has a GPL'ed version of his 'Copyfind' software on his Web site
at http://plagiarism.physics.virginia.edu/. The source is available
(obviously for a GPD'ed program), but it's in C++. I think I can read it
well enough to come up with some ideas of my own. Interestingly, he posts a
list of improvements that could be made to the software and invites people
to try to improve it.

This could be a fun project to work on. And as they say in the free software
world, most projects of this type get started because someone writes
something to "scratch their own itch."

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com