[Tutor] linux

Victor R. Cardona vcardon@siue.edu
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:29:14 -0600

--lMM8JwqTlfDpEaS6

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:29:26PM -0500, Jeff Jones wrote:
> Sorry about getting off topic here, but beginning to learn programming th=
rough Python has peaked my interest in Linux. The only operating system I h=
ave ever used has been windows, and I've been using it since the DOS days (=
except for computer class in the 7th grade when we used apple IIc). Not by =
choice but because that's what has always been there when I turned the comp=
uter on. Getting to the point... Does anyone know of any decent FAQ's etc. =
for windows users not yet switched to Linux. Specifically, which version to=
 use? Thanks in advance for any help.

I would start by looking at http://www.linuxdocs.org and
http://www.linux.com. This two sites have a lot of documentation. Other
then that, my only suggestion would be to start with a popular
distribution. SuSE, Red Hat, or Mandrake would all be good choices.

-v
--=20
Victor R. Cardona