[Tutor] Catching cheaters with Python

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:24:03 -0800

>to run in the background to run for days if I have to. That said,
>the more efficiently the program could identify matching patterns
>the better.

I took a phrase from your post and entered it into google,
getting: http://www.wesleyan.edu/libr/turnitin/ , which
appears relevant.

It's too bad some kids don't learn the algorithms to
*generate* BS, and therefore have to copy the BS of others.

Various BS generators on the web too, also suggestive of
fun projects (PyBS?):

Example:  http://www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/postmodern
(Hit reload to get a new paper).

I don't think the plagiarism police are able to trace
these, so students in a hurry should feel free to use
'em freely (until they learn to auto-spawn the stuff
from whole cloth)).

Kirby