[Tutor] linux

Gouveia, John M W44 John.Gouveia2@CIGNA.COM
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:22:35 -0500

Jeff,
If you're just starting with Linux, I'd recommend Mandrake-Linux.com.  =
You
can download it for free or and burn the iso's to cd or drop the $40 or =
so
at a retailer(even WalMart).  It has a nice GUI install and will =
probably
detect most if not all of your hardware.  A dedicated machine would be =
ideal
but you can check out the how-to's on linuxdoc.org for dual booting =
with the
version of Windows you already have.  Have Fun.

  John Gouveia
  CIGNA HealthCare IM&T
   IM Release 2 Decision Support Services
   Phone:  xxx.xxx-xxxx
<mailto:John.Gouveia2@Cigna.com>

Confidential, unpublished property of CIGNA.=20
Do not duplicate or distribute.=20
Use and distribution limited solely to authorized personnel.=20
=A9 Copyright 2001 by CIGNA

DOS
> days (except for computer class in the 7th grade when we used apple =
IIc).
> Not by choice but because that's what has always been there when I =
turned
> the computer on. Getting to the point... Does anyone know of any =
decent
> FAQ's etc. for windows users not yet switched to Linux. Specifically,
> which version to use? Thanks in advance for any help.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance.© Copyright 2001 CIGNA