[Tutor] Problem with "elif"

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:46:19 -0500

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 10:27:33PM -0500, Andrei Kulakov wrote:
| On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 10:20:28PM -0500, dman wrote:
| > |
| > | I never used it, but this sucks.. *Especially* cause it'd be really easy
| > | to fix.
| > You can probably search through the IDLE sources (I would use
| > 'grep' but if you are on windows without cygwin, good luck) to
| > find "sys.ps2" and fix the prompt.
|
| Well, I don't use windows myself,

Neither do I when I can help it :-).

| so I was more like meaning that its authors should fix it up, or
| something :P.

They should, but why wait for a new release?  This is what Open Source
is about :-).  You found a bug, you fix the bug (on your system), then
you hope the maintainers include the fix in the next release.

(For example, when I had to use windows I found out that mutt saved
attachments by opening the file in text mode.  Windows thus took great
pleasure in destroying the file (by adding CR characters).  I fixed it
in my copy so I could continute to use mutt, and then reported it to
the developers.  I think the current version shipping with cygwin (it
wasn't even shipped when I installed it) is fixed.)

-D

--

If your company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you probably
have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO 9000 then you