[Tutor] OOP programming principles overview?

crapaudada crapaudada@ifrance.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:11:35 +0100

Hello,

It may be a stupid question of a stupid user.

Here is my problem: I have heard for a long time about "Object Oriented
Programming", with some odd words like "class" "inheritance", etc, etc...

At this day, even if I have tried some different languages (TCL, a little
little; Rexx, a little; PHP, a little more), I never used the OOP opptions
of them, because I never felt the need. For example, in PHP, I only used
some functionnals options, and not the OOP potential.

I am reading the docs of Python, and the tutorial as well. And I apologize,
but I don't understand what OOP concepts means, and how they function with
each other.

So my question is: is there, between Hell (C++) and Paradise (Python), any
good, accessible, easy document to understand this bloody concept?

Worst of all is that I am sure that it is easy to understand, and I find it
very frustrating.

Thanks to all of you.

  ___    | Dubuquoy-Portois
<*,*>   | G.-Joachim L.