[Tutor] Dictionaries

Lloyd Kvam lkvam@venix.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:15:14 -0500

If I understodd properly, you could replace:
	{1: a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i}
with
	{1: [a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i]}

The square brackets are used to represnt a list. Parentheses are used to
denote a tuple.  The parentheses will sometimes be assumed as in your
case.  a,b,c == (a,b,c).

Lists are mutable, tuples are not mutable.

dict[1][2] = C will replace c with C in your first list.