[Tutor] starting from scratch.

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Sun, 27 May 2001 10:01:09 -0700

On Sun, 27 May 2001 18:46:53 +0200, Remco Gerlich
<scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl>  wrote about Re: [Tutor] starting from
scratch.:

:Other books I've heard good things about are Core Python Programming, the
:Quick Python Book and Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours. But I don't know
:them myself.

I have copies of Core Python Programming and Quick Python, and I
wouldn't recommend them to a totally new programmer. Both seem to assume
that you have some previous acquaintance with programming, via another
language, and do not take you by the hand, as most beginner books do,
and explain everything to you from scratch.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/