[Tutor] How Can Install Python 2.0 and 2.1 on the same machine?

Rob Andrews randrews@planhouse.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 09:40:02 -0500

3;-> 3;-> -----Original Message-----
3;->
3;-> 3;-> My question was a more general one.  I could do that but I
3;-> 3;-> was wondering
3;-> 3;-> wether it is possible to have a Python installation which
3;-> 3;-> just sits there
3;-> 3;-> (without changing file association...), a kind of zip package.
3;-> 3;->
3;->
3;-> I did find one distribution of Python a short while back
3;-> that might be just
3;-> what you're looking for. It's a small install package and
3;-> doesn't make any
3;-> registry changes. However, I can not remember where I
3;-> found it. Does anyone
3;-> else know what I'm talking about?
3;->
3;-> Rob

Answering my own question here, and hopefully someone else's as well. Take a
look at PythonWare's Py20. Is something like this what you are looking for?
This one is based on 2.0, but to quote from their website, "PY20 for Windows
can coexist with other Python installations, since it does not use the
Windows registry."

http://www.pythonware.com/products/python/index.htm

Rob

Got Python?