[Tutor] Python and PostgreSQL?

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Tue, 22 May 2001 20:50:46 +0200

On  0, ffrt <ffrt@ace.ulyssis.org> wrote:
> I'm currently working on a program that is supposed to generate some
> Prolog code for data mining, based on a PostgreSQL database. Only recently
> I discovered about the possibilities of Pyhton - and my question is
> simple: how about interfacing between PostgreSQL and Python? I know it
> should be possible (because of C-embeddability), but is it a good idea?

Don't see why not. Would depend on the rest of your system I suppose, I'm
not sure I've ever read something about connecting Python to a Prolog engine.

Plenty of things for PostgreSQL, see the Parnassus page:
http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apollo.py?find=postgresql

Play around and see how it goes, I'd say.

--
Remco Gerlich