[Tutor] Redirecting output

John Murray pursang@interact.net.au
Thu, 17 May 2001 23:04:08 +0000

I'm building a tkinter front end for an existing command line program. When
this is started from the cl it prints out a couple of lines of text to
indicate that it has started OK etc. I'd like to redirect this to a label
widget or similar in the front end. However, when I start it from the cl with
stdout or stderr (or both) redirected to a text file, the output doesn't
appear on screen (this is normal) but the file created remains empty. Where
is the output going? Redirecting stdout from shell commands works normally.
A bit off-topic I know but hoping someone can help.
                         Cheers
                            John