[Tutor] input() doesn't work in IDLE?

Kalle Svensson kalle@gnupung.net
Thu, 17 May 2001 13:42:53 +0200

Sez Howard Brydle:
> Python 1.5.2 for Windows: The input() function (and raw_input) does not
> see the <return> that I type in the output window to end my input
> string, and does not proceed to the next statement in my script, when I
> am running the script in IDLE. It does work in Pythonwin.

This is a known bug in the version of IDLE in Python 1.5.2.  It is fixed in
later versions, released with Python 1.6, 2.0 and 2.1.
I'm not sure if these new versions work with Python 1.5.2, you'll have to
test.  Anyway, I recommend upgrading to 2.1 if it's possible.

Peace,
  Kalle
--
Email: kalle@gnupung.net     | You can tune a filesystem, but you