[Tutor] FTP image path question...

Sharriff Aina NHYTRO@compuserve.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 07:00:34 -0400

Hi guys!

My FTP upload snippet works fine, a user can edit a page and add an Image=

to his/her text in a textarea in an HTML form, I then upload the users
text, and the image-paths from this form per CGI. My problem is that the
FTP part of my script refers to image paths on the server and not the
client anymore.

Details:

1. User adds 'c:\temp\test.jp' to his edited HTML block
2. HTML is parsed and modifed and saved to a remote directory on the serv=
er
3. The original path, 'c:\temp\test' to the image are passed to FTP uploa=
snippet
4.  Server tries to upload image, but from a directory also named
'c:\temp\test.jpg' on a local directory.
5. FTP snippet fails

How do I inform the server  that the FTP upload is from the clients syste=
and not a local directory on the server.

Thanks

Sharriff