[Tutor] Re: Turtle Graphics thread

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 22:24:53 +0100

The digest gor scrambled but Danny was asking about turtle graphics and
someone said:

>> >I know that the Python distribution comes with a sample turtle module.
>> >Can anyone suggest others?  Thanks!
>>
>> No, but I'm fascinated by the concept.
>
>  Indeed...logo is a language where you are a turtle drawing
>lines...it's not that complex - perhaps some of the structures
>could be borrowed from that and implemented in python?

Logo was first with turtle graphics but they are available
in most languages now. Certainly Turbo Pascal, Smalltalk,
C++, Lisp etc all have turtle modules. Python does too but
I couldn't get it to work - can't recall what the problem was.

Incidentally Logo is a list processing language rather like
Lisp but with fewer parentheses. Modern versions have full
OO facilities and you can even write windows programs if
you really want! Worth a look for the language curious :-)

Alan g