[Tutor] anyone know how to get installer to work?

Simon Brunning SBrunning@trisystems.co.uk
Tue, 15 May 2001 11:14:51 +0100

> I'm trying to learn how to use Tkinter, so I'm doing a project for my math
>
> class using python.  I spent like 10 hours writing like 200 lines of
> code(I
> had no idea what I was doing when I started)  and got ready to turn it
> into
> an executable I can turn in.  Now, 2 hours later, I can't get
> standalone.py
> to work.  It makes a dist_project, but when I try to run it it gives me a
>
> traceback...:
> file c:\python\lib\impututil.py...
> No module named time.
>
> I have no clue what this means.  I already uninstalled python and
> reinstalled python 2.0 and Installer installer20_3i.  Can anyone help, or
> do I have to turn in the 10 meg python installation with my script?

Well, I don't know about installer, but I'd had no problems with py3exe -
<http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/>. Have a bash with this...

Cheers,
Simon Brunning
TriSystems Ltd.