[Tutor] Text Editor?

Zoltan Szalay szz@philoslabs.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:18:39 +0200

I do recommend trying SciTE.
It runs on Windows,Linux. It is eye-catching, versatile and yet very
fast (at least compared to others which use GTK or Gnome and are
available on Linux (and of course that I know of ...)).
One feature that can be very useful (and the web site doesn't mention I
think): autocompletition of functions (or keywords) showing
parameterlist as a tooltip. This needs an external file (so called
'api-file') containing "function-prototypes", and some setup in the
config. Different 'api-file' can be defined for every language. It is
ideal when you are not yet familiar using a language...

Zoltan Szalay