[Tutor] Possible Useless Python Challenge.

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 7 May 2001 18:42:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Tesla Coil wrote:

> KiSS data sets are bundled using LZH compression,
> if there's a module for that, I haven't located it.

I haven't found an LZH decompressor for Python.  In fact, the GnomeKISS
people are depending on a separate LHA extraction program, so perhaps a
Python KISS program should delegate the handling of LZH compression to the
LHA utility.

> I suppose that a cel file decoder could be cooked up using Python
> Imaging Library, but I've no experience in that department at all.
> Other than that, I guess one is up against reading .cnf files
> generated by a variety of editors and sometimes written by hand.

Hmmm... this actually sounds like a lot of fun!  I'll start looking at
this... *grin*