[Tutor] Cackling with Maniac Laughter (was: starting a tkinter window maximized)

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 3 May 2001 22:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

> Good heavens yes it is rude. Unfortunately I am stuck with Win9x for this
> particular experiment! :-)
>
> What I am trying to do is pop up a window as a screen saverish app that
> displays information rather than a cute bouncing whatsis. I 'compiled' the
> program with py2exe (a wonderful program!) then switched it's extention
> to .scr. Walla! A badly-behaved screensaver!

If you're interested in doing animation/game stuff in Python, you might be
interested in pygame:

    http://pygame.seul.org/

It should work on Windows as well, though I haven't tried yet.