[Tutor] How can I make my script work without calling Python?

ium@micromuse.com ium@micromuse.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:47:39 +0100

[D-Man wrote]
-|
-| ---- ~/.vimrc ----
-| ; <most snipped>
-|
-| autocmd! BufNewFile  *.py read ~/util/autoheaders/Python
-|
-|
-| ---- ~/util/autoheaders/Python
-| #!/usr/bin/env python
-|
-| # any other text (like name, license, etc) to appear automagically at
-| # the beginning of each new .py file <grin>
-|
-|
-| The only problem I have is that the first line (in the new buffer) is
-| always blank with the header beginning on the second line.  Is there a
-| way to fix this?
-|

try the following instead:

	autocmd! BufNewFile *.py 0r ~/util/autoheader/Python
				 ^^

Kindest regards,

	--ibs.
--
Commitment, n.:
	[The difference between involvement and] Commitment can be