[Tutor] Windows Programs vs. Text-Cell Graphics

Tim Johnson tim@johnsons-web.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 07:58:59 -0900

One of the topics I have never seen covered in this list
is that of text-cell graphics.

On the linux side, Midnight Command and Nftp are good
examples of this approach.

Windows side there is Ztree, which is one of the best all-around
applications ever written, IMHO.

Several years ago, I was asked by a construction firm to write an
estimator program. My client did not want the application
to be "mouse enabled" at all. He did want maximum speed and
something like a gui interface.
The result was written in C and very fast even on a 486/100.
Personally, I think it would be great to see an API in python
to such an effect.

Awful busy right now, but here's my question:
Is there anything like this available to python?

If not, how does one write a color/character pair to video memory
in python? That is where it starts.
--
Tim Johnson