[Tutor] Windows Programs

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:03:20 +0100

> Borland and Microsoft offer drag-and-drop development
> environments for GUI development in C++ but...

I don't think even M$ would claim their C++ environment
was drag and drop! Certainly not in the way that
Borlands C++ Builder is.

But the easiest way to develop GUI prpgrams on windows
is using either VB or Delphi. Delphi has the edge for
programmers(especially Python ones) but VB is easier
for beginners and usually is slightly ahead in
supporting the latest M$ tehnologies (like COM+ etc)

Python can be made to work with both. See the win32
O'Reilly book for details.

Alan G.