[Tutor] Beginning

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:16:53 +0100

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 05:05:46AM -0500, BobbyMcGrawBobby@aol.com wrote:
> Ive started reading the python tutorial and am wondering if python is a good
> programming language fro beginners? I have never programmed anything.
> i need to know what i need to download to start to program.

It is absolutely, but the official Python tutorial assumes you have some
programming experience. There are several tutorials especially for complete
newbies, see

Alan Gauld's "Learning to Program using Python"
http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/

Josh Cogliati's "Non-programmers tutorial for Python"
http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/

There's also
http://www.hetland.org/python/instant-hacking.php
and
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy.html

But those two at least assume you have a Python interpreter installed and
know how to start it (that's explained in the first two).

--
Remco Gerlich