[Tutor] Help with 500 error on cgi script

Michael P. Reilly arcege@shore.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 06:49:41 -0500 (EST)

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:51:13 +0100, Pedro Diaz Jimenez <pdiaz88@terra.es>
> wrote about Re: [Tutor] Help with 500 error on cgi script:
>
> :Remember to put the "Content-type: text/html" line first?
> :
> :Every cgi has to inform about the content is going to show since that cannot
> :be know by the webserver. In every CGI you make, the golden rule is:
> :
> :Start with:
> :print "Content-type: text/html\n"
>
> Yes, if you look at the script that I posted, you will see that that line is
> there.

It it only output when form_ok == 1, not otherwise. You just output the
data with not MIME header.

But based on the log output, it looks like the real error is that after
the for loop, the print is not indented (you are getting an
IndentationError exception in the errorlog).

  -Arcege

| Michael P. Reilly, Release Manager  | Email: arcege@shore.net        |
| Salem, Mass. USA  01970             |                                |