[Tutor] File Attributes

Jörg Wölke lumbricus@gmx.net
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:28:39 +0100 (MET)

> * Timothy M. Brauch <tbrauch@mindless.com>:
> > I know that os.stat(fd) will return a tuple of integers about a file.
> > Two of the numbers are the date it was accessed last and last
> > modification.  Is there a way to find out when a file was created?
>
> Look closer. Items 7, 8, and 9 in the tuple are atime, mtime, and ctime
> respectively:
>
> os.stat(filename)[9]

Hello!!!
(don't have python here so looking into my c-tutorial)
time_t st_atime when the file was last accessed
time_t st_mtime when the file was last modified (created or written to)
time_t st_ctime when the file was last changed (permissions or book-keeping,
	NOT contents change)

Again: (Unix) FILES HAVE NO BIRTHDAY

Greetings!!!