[Tutor] Hi all.

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:45:30 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 senum@singnet.com.sg wrote:

> Hi..thanks for the replies.First of all i tried the list but it didnt
> work. Anyway i have a few questions..any replies would be greatly
> appreciated :)

(Try to sign up again later; it appears that the web interface isn't
working at the moment.  You'll receive replies to your own messages, but
you're missing out on the other messages addressed to the general tutor
list.)

> I'm keen on taking up Python..the only language I had experience is
> C.I tried reading the official docs and tutorial at python.org but
> found them to be a bit dry.And the other tutorials around the web
> seems a bit too well,for the really new non programmer. Is there a
> online tutorial somewhere i might have missed?

Which ones have you tried?  I like Alan Gauld's tutorial a lot:

    http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/

and the ones linked up here:

    http://python.org/doc/Intros.html

are all very good.  Go for the "Non Programmers" section, and see if
they're slightly more moist and chewy.

If you have questions about Python, feel free to ask us.  It's a quiet
weekend.