[Tutor] Getting a List of FTP Dirs?

Jörg Wölke lumbricus@gmx.net
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 00:30:41 +0100 (MET)

> >is that what you're looking for?
>
> Yeah, thats exactly what I'm looking for. Let me ask you this. In the line
>
> "for f in os.listdir(dir):" how do I tell Python it needs to be checking
> the
> remote directory, not the one on my computer?

REMOTE ???
Oh damn!!!
this depends on what remote.maschine allows you to do.
Best would be you could mount (site has mountd running
or via nfs or smb) the remote ftp-directory
and then just run your script.
(ask the admin, beg, buy him/her beer)

else:
find a way to run the script on remote.maschine (telnet, ssh)

just via ftp ???
well you can't run a program on your machine and expect a ftp-server
to ... no way
except by reconnecting in each recursion (via ftplib)

ftp> mget *