[Tutor] My two cents worth re Python Newbies

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:13:57 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Sheila King wrote:

> (1) if you don't have the patience to reply to a post, because it is in a FAQ
> or could be found by a search, then simply don't reply.

There are a number of reasons I don't reply to specific posts:

1) Often, especially lately, I've simply been too busy.

2) The user asks a Windows-specific question that I don't know the answer
to.

3) I'd need to actually open an interpreter and futz for a couple minutes
and, while I could easily answer some questions, that takes too much
interruption.

On the other hand, I don't see questions going unanswered (at least not
for long), so I think that the system works pretty well.

--
_Deirdre              deirdre@deirdre.net         http://www.deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams