[Tutor] A Challenge solution

Rob Andrews rob@jam.rr.com
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:55:59 -0500

# -----Original Message-----

# Oh Honorable Lord of Python(s),
#  Enclosed is my solution to the calculator challenge on Useless
# Python.  Please let me know when my certified 14ft. long Useless
# Python(Pythonicus uslessium) will be arriving. ;-)
#
#  Thank you, and happy hacking,
#   Jesse Weinstein
#
# And to all you of at tutor:
# 	Any comments, suggestions, patches, gripes, or simple
# screams of emotion are welcomed.  Please only post to the list.
#
# (Oh, so you want an explanation of why this message is apperently
# only going to the list, not to anyone at Useless Python?  Well, I sent
# it once before, but I put tutor's address in wrong.  So I am resending
# it to you guys, but I don't have to resend it to the people at Useless
# Python.  Plus, I think most of the people at Useless are also on the
# list. :-) Happy?)
#
#

Ahh, if only the Perl JAPHs could see how much respect they'd get from
people if they were just nicer! 3;->

Heehee. Any time you mention Useless Python in an email to the tutor list,
you can be nearly guaranteed that my narcissistic glance will fall upon it.
Shortly thereafter it will become Useless indeed.

Unfortunately, we are a bit short on certified Pythons. It seems that some
cartel had been smuggling coke in them recently, and a big DEA bust this
week has them all awaiting their bondsmen. Certification just doesn't mean
as much as it used to, apparently.

However, you'll be credited for your bravery in having solved a challenge.
And if I'm not mistaken, you also have turned in the first UNSW solution to
date. I'll keep you posted when the Pythons have been exonerated.

Uselessly,
Rob

"Perl is worse than Python because people wanted it worse." Larry Wall
(Creator of Perl), 14 Oct 1998
Useless Python: http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/