[Tutor] Re: What are you all up to?

Bill Bell bill-bell@bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:33:11 -0400

>  What are you all up to?  What projects are you working on?
>
>  I am a 17 year old Python hacker-in-training.  I tend to write re-
> implementations of games and interesting graphics hacks. ...

Welcome, Jesse!

I am a 54-year-old software developer. (Yes, really--about the age I
mean.) I am new to Python, and have just worked out how to build
a local COM server that is capable of sinking calls on its methods
from several other processes and displaying just one instance of its
GUI written in wxPython. I'm building an adjunct to Internet
Explorer as part of a research team. I'm convinced that my life will
be a lot easier in Python than it has been using MSVC, which is
why I pressed to be permitted to use Python! Having mastered a
few languages and systems in my time I know I have about a tonne
of idioms and other stuff to get my head around.

Hope you enjoy ~your~ experience.

Bill