[Tutor] What are you all up to?

Russell rab121@york.ac.uk
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:37:08 +0100

Jesse W wrote:
>What are you all up to? What projects are you working on?
My current (and first ever - I only started reading 'Learning Python' a
couple of weeks ago) is a simple analyser for log files produced by a
program that I use.  I'm really chuffed at how well it is coming
together, mostly I think because of Python's niceness.

>I am a 17 year old Python hacker-in-training. I tend to write re- >implementations of games
Strangely enough I have a big project in mind to rewrite a old board
game ;o)  Long time in the future though, skills to learn ;o)

>and many other small programs.
This I think is one of the joys of Python, or any such language.  I
tried to learn to program in Visual Basic a few years back and used to
get so tied up in making things look pretty and adding new bits because
it looked good.  Now I pop open my text editor, jam down some code and I
have a working (well, almost) little thing that does something useful
for me.

Russell
--
When you look up into the night sky and see the millions of glittering
stars, do you ever stop and wonder whether there might be another family