[Tutor] Python and web scripting

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:26:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Wesley Chun wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Michael wrote:
> >
> > It seemed to be the most versatile language.  I was mainly interested in
> > being able to use it in web applications, but as I progress, I like the idea
> > of being able to do a complete application, GUI and all.  Glade sounds
> > awesome.
>
> yes, i have seen a demonstration of GLADE and it looks quite potent.
> i don't think GUI development had it any easier!

For those who haven't heard about Glade, it's a "gui-builder" in the style
of Visual Basic: you have an empty window, and can interactively add
buttons, menus, and other neat things to this window.  Glade is wonderful
because it make gui-building really easy and experimental, and when we mix
it with Python, everything is good.  *grin*

>From my knowledge, it only works on Unix systems, but please correct me if
this is outdated.  It would be wonderful if someone had a prepackaged
version of Glade/Gtk+/LibGlade on Windows.

Deirdre's written a quicky tutorial about Glade here:

"The Ten Minute Total Idiot's Guide to using Gnome/Gtk+ & Glade with
Python":

    http://www.baypiggies.org/10mintig.html

No comment about the title.