[Tutor] Elementary questions

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:55:44 -0500

1. Right click on the link or menu choice for PythonWin. You will see an
option labeled "Run." Set it to Maximized and PythonWin will launch in full
screen mode. If you maximize a child window in PythonWin, all existing and
subsequent children will open maximized. Restore one and you restore all,
etc. Like a toggle.

2. Don't run the file by double-clicking on it. You could start a dos window
and then do "python thefile.py". Or run the .py file from IDLE or PythonWin.

Sorry about the brevity, but hope that helps.
---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech
"I am, therefore I think."

-----Original Message-----
From: tutor-admin@python.org [mailto:tutor-admin@python.org]On Behalf Of
Bill Bell
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 10:42 AM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] Elementary questions

Would it be possible for someone to point me toward advice about
the following points?

1. When I launch PythonWin its window occupies only part of my
screen. How may I configure it to use the entire screen? Similarly,
is it possible to configure PythonWin so that child windows (for
code, for instance) occupy the entire client window?

2. When I launch a .py script from Windows Explorer the resulting
DOS box closes before I'm able to read about exceptions. How
may I change this behaviour of the system?

Thanks in advance.

Bill