[Tutor] starting tcl?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:46:40 +0100

> I'm on windows 98 IE and have python 2.1
> On Alan Gaulds webpage lessons it says to type tclsh80
> at the dos prompt to start tcl.

Yes, unfortunately from Python 2.0(*) they stopped shipping
tcl with Python, they only include the DLLs needed to
run Tkinter. From the python users point of view thats
great. From my tutors point of view thats bad...

I need to mention that somewhere on the site I guess...
You can download the real Tcl (for free) from the tcl
web link on the intro page

http://www.scriptics.com

Scriptics no longer exists but the url redirects to
the correct site...

Sorry about that,

Alan G.

(*)It might be from v1.6 I never used it...