[Tutor] newbie question

Israel Evans israel@lith.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:49:15 -0700

On windows 2000 just go to
 "control panel" then "system"
click on "advanced"
then on "environment variables"
and look for either "PYTHONPATH" in the system variables field and clear
that or look in "PATH" and see if there is any mention of a python
directory.

I don't know much about the whole python path active python routine, but
this is how I get to the Path stuff in win2000.  The whole PythonPath thing
is killing me anyway.

It seems if I have PYTHONPATH defined Idle won't run.  SO what I have to do
is define my python dirs in PATH, and that only lets me import my modules in
seperate dirs sometimes.   Weird.

Anyway, good luck!

~Israel~
-----Original Message-----
From: john smith smith [mailto:chetumal23@excite.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 8:06 AM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] newbie question

i was trying to upgrade to the latest edition of activepython. the problem
is i had a earlier edition on. i uninstalled it but the new version still
won't install. i read up and it says i have to have a clean PATH but i don't
know how to clear it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i'm running windows 2000