[Tutor] Re: Typos and attitudes on language

Bill Bell bill-bell@bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:15:12 -0400

Danny Yoo <dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote, in part:
> ... Personally, I've felt that programming isn't
> always "mathy", but on the other hand, is consistently "verbal"
> because of the effort of organizing and expressing ideas.

I'm fairly sure that Knuth says something like this in one of his
books, possibly the one that is a compendium of samples of his
writings. If not him then it was someone else of approximately his
stature.

And, FWIW, I've been at this for a very long time and it's the way it
seems to me too. If the ability to make syllogisms and other logical
constructions were paramount then I would be dead.