[Tutor] Hopefully a quick Python/odbc/Zope question

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 07:11:06 -0400

I have a Python program that reads a URL, rips it apart and dumps the pieces
into an ODBC connected database. Works fine from the command line.

If I try to add this into Zope as an External Method, it states it cannot
find the dbi component. import dbi uses a dbi.dll in Windows.

This was developed on 2.1 Python but the dbi module exists in Zopes 1.52
Python so I am not sure where the problem is.

I know some Zopers read this list and I thought this too elementary for the
Zope list. I will take it there unless someone has the quick one line answer
I am sure this probably needs.

Thanks

Allen