[Tutor] GUI toolkit decision

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:10:05 -0700

>could someone point me to an URL where I can read the pros and cons,
>diffrences or advantages of Tkinter over WxWindows or vice-versa? I=B4m a b=
it
>confused at the moment . I would like to develop standalone GUI application
>executables for The Win32 and Linux platform.

Tkinter would also run on Macintosh. As far as looks go, Tkinter is
imho the ugliest of interfaces, but I understand wxWindows is closer
to the Windows "look." You might also consider Gtk+ -- I know there's
support for it on Windows, but not sure how good that is (not being a
Windows user).

--
_Deirdre    Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com    http://deirdre.net
"Cannot run out of time.... Is infinite time. You... are finite....