[Tutor] where to start?

Gregory Tucker tuckerg@acm.org
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:34:24 +0900

Hi,

I am hesitant to post this, only because I know the code isn't very good.
Feel free to make constructive criticism.

The program requires another file called cookiesok.txt in the same directory
that contains a list of keywords (1 on each line) that identify acceptable
cookies. The keyword only needs to be a subset of acceptable cookie.

<offtopic>On the encryption side, I am not taking care of it in Python. You
might want to consider a program that creates encrypted, virtual disks from
files that you pre-allocate on your real drives. I use PGP (commercial
version), but I know there are others as well (and even one for Pocket PC).
Everything stored inside the file / virtual drive are encrypted, and a
password is required to mount it. Except for the password, it looks and acts
just like a normal disk.</offtopic>

Regards,
Greg

cookiekiller.py
-----
import sys, os, string, time

f = open("cookiesok.txt", 'r')
ok = f.readlines()

#ls = os.listdir(sys.argv[1])
while 1:
   os.chdir("c:/Documents and Settings/tucker/Cookies/")
   ls = os.listdir('.')
   for i in ls:
      flag = 0
      for j in ok:
         sf = string.find(string.lower(i), string.lower(j[:-1]))
         if sf > -1:
            flag = 1
            break
      if not flag: