[Tutor] (no subject)

Matthias Hager martok@mattsmail.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:56:09 -0800

I know you guys are about to rip your hair out over me, I'm annoying I know! But I have some questions here on how to do some special stuff in Python. (And is it possible to use a GUI with Perl?)

1. How do I access the clipboard, so I can make cut and paste options?
2. What all does ScrollingText support? I've found background, fg, font. What else is there? How can I change the size of the text, and how can I add the ability to have the user change the text color and everything? How can I change how it rounds off its text on the right? It justs takes whatever you type to the next line, cutting words in two.
How can I change the blinking | thing's color? And finally, how can I make it say stuff according to what they type? Like in idle, if you start typing askopenfilename() It will tell you what to type in? How do I do that?

3. What are, and how do I use classes? A program I saw, uses them, but what are they?
4. How do I open another window, that has more stuff in it, like buttons and stuff?
5. How can I change what it says when they hover over an icon to my program?

6. How do I check if they have made any changes to a file, and do something according to whether they have or not?

Again, I'm sorry to bother you all.
But thanks, A LOT.

Matthias

--