[Tutor] [Edu-sig] collection of ACM programming problems (fwd)

R. A. rob@jam.rr.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:54:59 -0600

My thoughts on the hazards of starting up a potentially high-maintenance
Python code collection?  Bring it on!  Here's why:

1. The Python community benefits from published code, and people
considering Python will be attracted by repositories of code.

2. I'm loosely planning on adding some CGI to allow people to upload
their own code and have the pages and links generated more-or-less
automatically.

3. Server space on my Python-friendly web host is not a factor for me.

4. My kitten likes to sit in my lap and watch the monitor.

5. Everybody seems to be having fun.

Rob

Remco Gerlich wrote:

<snip>

> I love all the problems on that site. A collection of different solutions
> for them would be useful for a number of things - example Python code,
> checking your solutions, and certainly good marketing for Python - I bet
> that a Python solution will often be much shorter *and* faster than an
> implementation in C or Pascal.

 <snip>

--
Visit the Useless Python Repository!